Saturday, August 13, 2011

Who says you can't have a picnic without chips?


I enjoy cooking and food preparation. When I was growing up, I watched my mom whip up a batch of this and that quickly and easily as if it wasn't really a big deal. She always had dinner on the table. When I got married 15 years ago, I followed in her footsteps and just started making dinner for Darren. It made him so happy that I've been hooked ever since. I like cooking and food preparation because it makes people happy.



This past Monday, I went a little crazy.
Here was the menu:
Double Batch of Poppy Seed Bread
Footlong Sandwiches
Fruit Boats
Baked Beans
Family Night Fudge

The kids helped me with the preparations.

When Darren got home from work we went to a park close by and had a picnic dinner.


Emma helped with the fruit (and everything else, really).













Jacob helped with the sandwiches (custom made on one side for Emma with no pickles, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, or peppers).












Matt and Ben and Emma helped with the fudge.















A wild bunny in the park. We see these creatures
everywhere in Reno (including our backyard). It always makes me stop and smile. The kids love seeing wild bunnies everywhere.


We had a great evening, and nobody even asked why there weren't any chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment